Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid to host FLOCKTOBERFEST event for families and outdoors enthusiasts
Largest hunting event and sale returns to Memphis Oct. 7-9 and 14-16 with free entertainment, outdoors celebrities and more
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Bass Pro Shops today announced FLOCKTOBERFEST, the world’s greatest hunting expo and sale, will return to Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid this Fall. The celebration will take place over two weekends on Oct. 7-9 and 14-16. Thousands are expected to attend the expo, which includes free seminars and demonstrations by top names from the world of hunting and waterfowling and a variety of exhibits, celebrity appearances and activities for everyone from experts to beginners.
Key events include the Big Cypress National Duck Calling Championship expected to draw competitors from across the country; free concerts from 90’s hit band Sugar Ray, country music star Jason Pritchett and the Memphis Symphony Orchestra Big Band; and the Duck Dash 5K Family Fun Run/Walk among others. The festival atmosphere will also offer local food, drinks and entertainment.
“We’re very excited to host this one-of-a-kind event again this fall. Last year’s expo proved to be the biggest and most spectacular event of its kind in the country,” said David Hagel, general manager of Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid. “We invite everyone to join us and celebrate Fall as we inspire families to spend more time together enjoying the outdoors.”
Waterfowl and hunting events
Autumn is a favorite time of year for many people, particularly those who enjoy hunting and waterfowling sports. The first weekend of the expo will focus on general hunting activities while the second will specifically highlight waterfowl.
Key activities include:
- Premium seminars, classes and demonstrations featuring outdoors celebrities, pro hunters and world-renowned wildlife experts (Hunting: Oct. 8–9, Waterfowl: Oct. 14–15).
- Ducks Unlimited Regional and Big Cypress National Duck Calling Championship with expert callers from across the country competing for the largest prize pool ever assembled on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- The biggest sale of waterfowl and hunting gear ever assembled with great deals on the latest name-brand hunting and waterfowl gear throughout the expo.
- Vendor booths displaying the latest waterfowl and hunting gear.
- Activity tents including Memphis-based Ducks Unlimited and more.
Fun for everyone
Special activities are planned throughout the two-weekend expo with major events taking place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Highlights include:
- FREE Memphis Symphony Orchestra Big Band and fireworks display on Oct. 7.
- FREE Saturday Night Celebration Concerts on Oct. 8 with rising country music artist Jason Pritchett at 6 P.M. and top 90’s band Sugar Ray featuring Mark McGrath at 8 P.M.
- Food trucks on site Oct. 8-9
- Duck Dash 5K Fun Run/Walk – Run, walk or flock at this family-oriented event that supports Ducks Unlimited. The race begins and ends at the Pyramid. “Fun fowl” attire highly encouraged. Oct. 15.
- Super Retriever Series – Watch the top sporting dogs in the world compete in a pool diving competition plus dog training demos on Oct. 15-16.
- Major League Eating Moon Pie Competition – Watch some of the best competitive eaters in the world take on an entirely new challenge: Moon Pies. Oct. 15. Matt Stonie, last year’s winner, returns to defend his title and attempt to set a new world record.
- Kids Outdoor Day with free activities and events including a catch-and-release pond, BB gun range, archery range and family-friendly seminars on Oct. 16.
- Bunnage Motorsports modified tractor on display Oct. 15-16.
- Meet your favorite outdoors and sports celebrities including NASCAR stars Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Kerry Earnhardt, Kelly Earnhardt Miller, former NFL wide receiver Kendall Newson, professional pool player “The Black Widow” Jeanette Lee, “Pigman” Brian Quaca, Junie James, Jase Robertson from Duck Commander and Troy Landry from History’s Swamp People. Stay tuned for specific dates and times.
Special exhibits during FLOCKTOBERFEST include the Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats NASCAR® No. 3 and No.14 race cars, the Arctic Cat Wildcat 4X Limited Bat Bass and the Toyota Ride ‘n Drive interactive display among others.
The nation’s waterfowl capital
Located in downtown Memphis along the Mississippi River and famous Mississippi Flyway, Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid offers the largest assortment of waterfowl and related hunting equipment ever assembled and a wide selection of other high-quality outdoor gear.
The Pyramid is also home to the Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center, a free wetlands education museum showcasing the history of waterfowling and wetlands conservation. Created in partnership with Memphis-based Ducks Unlimited, the world’s leader in wetlands and waterfowl conservation, the Center allows visitors to learn more about the incredible wildlife found along the Mississippi Flyway and the importance of conserving wetlands. Guests can enter a duck blind and try their hand at duck hunting in a fun, interactive 4D simulation experience, learn to identify different waterfowl species, chat with experts, and marvel at the craftsmanship of the largest collection of waterfowl decoys along with taxidermy, calls and sporting art.
Schedule and additional details
All activities will take place at Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid. Due to outdoor activities, parking directly outside the Pyramid will be limited on certain days. Additional details including a confirmed schedule of events, participating sponsors and more can be found online at www.basspro.com/expo. More information will be added as it becomes available.
FLOCKTOBERFEST attendees can enjoy the event from Big Cypress Lodge. This 103-room wilderness hotel inside Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid is the first hotel inside any Bass Pro Shops location. The rustic-elegant and well-appointed guest cabins and suites capture the spirit of the great outdoors including special treehouse suites and cabins featuring interior and exterior views. Make your reservation today at www.big-cypress.com.
Make your plans now to visit the great state of Tennessee this fall. Log on to www.tnvacation.com/guide to get started today.
# # #
About Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid
Envisioned by Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris, known as the Walt Disney of retail, Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid is a dynamic, immersive adventure experience located inside a massive transformed sports arena and the most unique retail locations in the world. In addition to a vast assortment of outdoor gear including the greatest selection of waterfowl equipment anywhere, the Pyramid includes Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl & Grill, an “underwater” bowling alley and restaurant, a wilderness hotel called Big Cypress Lodge, nearly 600,000 gallons of water features, a cypress swamp with 100-foot-tall trees, the interactive Ducks Unlimited Waterfowling Heritage Center, and The Lookout, a breathtaking glass-floored cantilevering observation deck at the top of the 32-story steel structure that offers one-of-a-kind views of downtown Memphis and the Mississippi River. Store hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission to the store is free. Select attractions require a fee. Visitors can see this one-of-a-kind retail experience inside the iconic Memphis Pyramid located at 1 Bass Pro Drive, Memphis, Tennessee.
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops®, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 99 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 120 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackermarine.com), a leading brand of fishing boats for more than 37 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge® (http://www.bigcedar.com), voted by Travel + Leisure as one of the top 50 Best Hotels for Families in the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops
Contact: Katie Mitchell, Bass Pro Shops, Communications Manager (417-873-5618) firstname.lastname@example.org