Bass Pro Shops in Gainesville, Florida celebrates grand opening with Free Evening for Conservation event
Celebration features ribbon cutting, celebrity appearances, exhibit booths, and giveaways. Conservation groups to benefit from opening night event.
GAINESVILLE, FLA. – The grand opening of the Bass Pro Shops Sportsman’s Center in Gainesville kicks off Wednesday, November 9 at 6 p.m. The event features an all-star cast of celebrities from the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors who will join together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation. The grand opening event will continue through Sunday, November 13 with vendor exhibits and giveaways. The event is free and open to the public.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs November 9 from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. include:
- Kevin VanDam, Four-time Bassmaster Classic® Champion and seven-time Bassmaster® Angler of the Year.
- Jimmy Houston, America’s favorite fisherman. Host of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” television show.
- Allie LaForce, lead reporter SEC® on CBS®.
- Tony Stewart, three-time NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series Champion and driver of the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet®.
- Martin Truex, Jr., driver of the No. 78 Bass Pro Shops /TRACKER Boats Toyota® Camry® in the Sprint Cup Series.
- George Poveromo, host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing®” television show.
- Peter Miller, “Bass 2 Billfish” with Peter Miller on NBC Sports® and three-time World Sailfish Champion.
- TJ Ott, as seen on “Wicked Tuna” television show.
- Kendall Newson, former Miami Dolphin, Bass Pro Shops®/NITRO® pro team member and founder of Teach a Child to Fish.
- Pedro Sors, host of “Con Cana y Carrete” television show. Tournament director of Mexican Bass Fishing Circuit.
- Rob Keck, RedHead® pro hunting team member and host of “Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World®” radio show.
Wristbands will be distributed for the NASCAR drivers on Wednesday, November 9 prior to the 6 p.m. ceremony. Autographs are limited to 400.
Exciting displays throughout the opening include NASCAR’s No. 14 Sprint Cup Series Stewart-Haas Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet and the No. 78 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Toyota Camry which is currently in the Sprint Cup Series Chase for the championship. In addition, visitors can tour the Yeti display November 9-13, the Maui Jim “Jimmy Jr.” sunglass display showcase and Toyota’s interactive display November 11-13.
Located at 2650 Bass Pro Shops Boulevard, the new 81,783-square-foot Bass Pro Shops Sportsman’s Center will celebrate conservation throughout the grand opening celebration. For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida, the Everglades Foundation and Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium. Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Tuesday evening will include Ducks Unlimited, Coastal Conservation Association, National Wild Turkey Federation, Florida Wildlife Commission and National Wildlife Refuge.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 81st store’s grand opening Wednesday, November 9 through Sunday, November 13.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. Factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
- Thursday, November 10 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
- Friday, November 11– First 200 customers will receive a Columbia PFG mesh cap with a retail value of $25. Saturday, November 12 – First 200 customers will receive a three-pack of Cotton Cordell Big O® crankbaits valued at $19.
- Sunday, October 9 – Bass Pro Shops Tervis Tumbler® valued at $17.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 120 million people visiting their 101 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles.
For more information about the Gainesville Bass Pro Shops, visit http://www.basspro.com/Gainesville.
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today 101 retail and marine centers host 120 million people annually. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”