Bass Pro Shops in Daytona Beach, Florida celebrates grand opening with Free Evening for Conservation event
Celebration features ribbon cutting, celebrity appearances, exhibit booths, and giveaways. Conservation groups to benefit from opening night event.
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. – The grand opening of the Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Daytona Beach, Florida kicks off Thursday, February 16 at 6 p.m. The event features an all-star cast of celebrities from the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors who will join together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation. The grand opening event will continue through Sunday, February 19 with vendor exhibits and giveaways. The event is free and open to the public.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs February 16 from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. include:
- Fred Taylor, All-SEC Florida Gator and Pro Bowl® Running Back for the Jacksonville Jaguars®.
- George Poveromo, host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing®” television show.
- Peter Miller, “Bass 2 Billfish” with Peter Miller on NBC Sports®, three-time world sailfish champion.
- Kendall Newson, former Miami Dolphin, Bass Pro Shops®/NITRO® pro team member and founder of Teach a Child to Fish.
- Pedro Sors, host of “Con Cana y Carrete” television show. Tournament director of Mexican Bass Fishing Circuit.
- Courtney Sweetser-Smith, SHE Outdoor™ pro staff member.
- Brooke Thomas, creator/founder of Brooke Thomas Fishing & UK Performance Fishing spokesperson.
- Doug Koenig, competitive shooter. Named “World’s Best All Around Shooter.”
- Martin Truex, Jr., driver of the No. 78 Bass Pro Shops /TRACKER Boats Toyota® Camry® in the Monster Energy Cup Series.
- Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Ford Fusion.
- Ty Dillon, driver of the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet® Camaro in the Monster Energy Cup Series.
- Richard Childress, Chairman and CEO of Richard Childress Racing and 2017 NASCAR Hall of Fame® inductee.
Wristbands will be distributed for the NASCAR drivers on Thursday, February 16 prior to the 6 p.m. ceremony. Autographs are limited to 400.
Exciting displays throughout the opening include RCR’s No.3 XFINITY Series Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet® and the No. 78 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Toyota® Camry®. In addition, visitors can tour the Costa Airstream trailer, the Maui Jim “Jimmy Jr.” sunglass display and the exciting new Toyota interactive display.
Located at 1880 Checkered Flag Boulevard, the new 67,068-square-foot Bass Pro Shops Outpost will celebrate conservation throughout the grand opening celebration. For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida, the Everglades Foundation and Johnny Morris Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium.
Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Thursday evening will include TrophyCatch, Marine Science Center, The Everglades Foundation and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 82nd store’s grand opening Friday, February 17 through Sunday, February 19.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. Factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
- Friday, February 17 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
- Saturday, February 18– First 200 customers will receive a Columbia blue ball cap with a retail value of $25.
- Sunday, February 19 – Bass Pro Shops Tervis Tumbler® valued at $17.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 120 million people visiting their 102 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles.
For more information about the Daytona Beach Bass Pro Shops, visit http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=98
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today 102 retail and marine centers host 120 million people annually. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Contact: email@example.com; 417-873-4567