Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Tsawwassen, British Columbia celebrates grand opening with Evening for Conservation event
Celebration features ribbon cutting, celebrity appearances, exhibit booths and giveaways. Conservation groups to benefit from opening night event.
TSAWWASSEN, British Columbia – The grand opening of the Bass Pro Shops Tsawwassen Outdoor World kicks off Tuesday, October 4, at 6 p.m. The event features an all-star cast of celebrities from the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors who will join together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation. The grand opening event will continue through Sunday, October 9 with vendor exhibits and giveaways. The event is free and open to the public.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs October 4 from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. include:
- Bo Horvat, Centre for the Vancouver Canucks. Voted 2015-2016’s Most Exciting Player of the Year.
- Dave Mercer, host of “Facts of Fishing” television show. Bassmaster Elite Series emcee.
- Jimmy Houston, America’s favorite fisherman. Host of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” television show.
- Wes David, host of “Fishing the Wild West” television show. Bass Pro Shops/Tracker pro staff.
- Keith Beasley, co-host of “Canada in the Rough” television show.
- Luke Snyder, PBR Hall of Fame Bull Rider.
- Rob Keck, RedHead® pro hunting team member and host of “Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World®” radio show.
- Jeanette Lee, The Black Widow, America’s Billiards star.
Exciting displays throughout the opening include Toyota’s interactive display and the Maui Jim sunglass display showcase.
Located at 5000 Canoe Pass Way, the new 148,000-square-foot Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World will celebrate conservation throughout the grand opening celebration. For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, BC Wildlife Federation, Ducks Unlimited Canada and the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium. Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Tuesday evening will include Ducks Unlimited BC, Freshwater Fisheries of BC, Living Rivers, BC Conservation Federation and OWL—Orphaned Wildlife.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 80th store’s grand opening Wednesday, October 5 through Sunday, October 9.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. Factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
- Wednesday, October 5 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
- Thursday, October 6– First 200 customers will receive a Butler Creek Comfort Tech Sling valued at $23.
- Friday October 7 – First 200 customers will receive a Columbia PFG mesh cap with a retail value of $25.
- Saturday, October 8 – First 200 customers will receive a Yakima Bait Spin-N Glo key chain.
- Sunday, October 9 – Bass Pro Shops Tervis Tumbler® valued at $17.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 120 million people visiting their 100 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles.
For more information about the Tsawwassen Bass Pro Shops, visit www.basspro.com/Tsawwassen.
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops®, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 100 and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 120 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackermarine.com), a leading brand of fishing boats for more than 37 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge® (http://www.bigcedar.com), voted by Travel + Leisure as one of the top 50 Best Hotels for Families in the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops.