Bass Pro Shops Outpost in East Ridge, Tennessee celebrates grand opening with Evening for Conservation event
Celebration features ribbon cutting, celebrity appearances, exhibit booths, and giveaways. Conservation groups to benefit from opening night event.
EAST RIDGE, Tenn. – The grand opening of the Bass Pro Shops East Ridge Outpost kicks off Wednesday, July 13 at 6 p.m. The event features an all-star cast of celebrities from the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors who will join together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation. The grand opening event will continue through Sunday, July 17 with vendor exhibits and giveaways. The event is free and open to the public.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs July 13 from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. include:
- Johnny Majors, legendary University of Tennessee player and coach. Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1987.
- Erik Ainge, former University of Tennessee Vols quarterback and SEC® single game record holder for touchdowns.
- Richard Childress, chairman and CEO of Richard Childress Racing.
- Ty Dillon, driver of the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet Camaro in the NASCAR® XFINITY Series.
- Edwin Evers, 2016 Bassmaster Classic® Champion and 10-time Bassmaster® winner.
- Walter Parrott, champion turkey caller and RedHead® pro hunting team member.
- Brenda Valentine, First Lady of Hunting® and RedHead pro hunting team member.
- Brittney Glaze, host of The Sportsman Channel’s “Destination Whitetail” television show and SHE Outdoor™ pro staff member.
- Rob Keck, RedHead® pro hunting team member and host of “Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World®” radio show.
- Jimmy Houston, America’s favorite fisherman and host of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors.”
Exciting displays throughout the opening include the Stewart-Haas Racing team’s No. 14 NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet® SS, and the RCR team’s No. 3 NASCAR® XFINITY Series Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Chevrolet® Camaro.
Located at 620 Camp Jordan Parkway, the new 84,700-square-foot Bass Pro Shops Outpost will celebrate conservation throughout the grand opening celebration. For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation, the Tennessee Aquarium and the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium. Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Wednesday evening will include Ducks Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, Quality Deer Management Association, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Federation and Delta Waterfowl.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 79th store’s grand opening Thursday, July 14 through Sunday, July 17. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. Factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
- Thursday, July 14 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
- Friday, July 15 – First 200 customers will receive a Columbia® PFG cap valued at $25.
- Saturday, July 16 – First 200 customers will receive a set of Cotton Cordel® lures with a retail value of $19.
- Sunday, July 17 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops Tervis Tumbler® valued at $17.
Other exciting displays include Toyota and Carhartt’s interactive exhibits open Saturday and Sunday, July 16-17. Visitors can also register to win a Maui Jim gift card to redeem for a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses with a retail value of $250 to be given away after the event.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 120 million people visiting their 99 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles.
For more information about the East Ridge Bass Pro Shops, visit http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=110 .
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops®, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 99 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 120 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackermarine.com), a leading brand of fishing boats for more than 37 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge® (http://www.bigcedar.com), voted by Travel + Leisure as one of the top 50 Best Hotels for Families in the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops