Iconic golf and fishing legends Tiger Woods and Bill Dance join for special free clinics for kids as part of Legends of Golf tournament at Big Cedar Lodge
Registration now open for free event to connect next generation to the outdoors through golf and fishing
RIDGEDALE, Mo. – Noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris and Tracey Stewart, widow of Springfield’s own golf great, the late Payne Stewart, are inviting kids and families from across the Ozarks to participate in a free one-of-a-kind kids clinic led by golfing legend Tiger Woods and fishing great Bill Dance at Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Next Great Golf Destination, on Tuesday, April 17 as part of this year’s Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge.
The 79-time PGA TOUR champion will guide area students and golf teams through an interactive session with personal tips and techniques. Bill Dance, three-time B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year, International Game Fish Association Hall of Fame member and one of the world’s most famous fisherman, will also be on-site sharing his angling secrets and tips. The event is part of Johnny Morris’ efforts to connect new and young audiences to nature and inspire the next generation of outdoor enthusiasts.
“Johnny’s incredible passion for connecting people of all ages and backgrounds to the outdoors is truly inspiring,” said Tiger Woods. “I’m excited to return to the beautiful Ozarks and have some fun while helping kids get excited about golf and the outdoors.”
Space is limited, tickets are free, but limited, so advance registration is required! Parents can reserve a spot for their child by visiting bassprolegends.com. Concessions are available before and after the clinic.
“We’re very excited to welcome our good friends Tiger and Bill back to the Ozarks to have some fun with area kids,” said Johnny Morris. “We hope parents will bring their youngsters and help us get them excited to play golf, go fishing and just spend more time in nature.”
The event will take place at 12 p.m. CDT on the driving range at Buffalo Ridge Springs (1001 Branson Creek Blvd. Hollister, MO 65672), recently ranked as the “Best Course You Can Play in Missouri” by GOLF Magazine. Gates open at 10:30 a.m. CDT.
The free youth clinic strengthens ties between one of golf’s greatest champions and Big Cedar Lodge. In 2017, Woods and Morris unveiled plans to open Payne’s Valley, the first public golf course designed by Woods and his TGR Design firm. Woods will be in the Ozarks working with Morris on the new 19-hole championship course set to open in 2019 that will showcase the region’s natural beauty while honoring late golf legend and Ozarks native Payne Stewart.
Fun continues later in the week with Mark Wahlberg, Kid Rock, Dude Perfect and more
The free kids event kicks-off an exciting week of golf action in the Ozarks and sets the table for the Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf taking place April 17 - 22, the fifth time the PGA TOUR Champions event has been hosted at Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, Missouri. Special activities include:
- Family Fun Day: On Saturday, April 21, all children 17 and under receive free admission with a paying adult. YouTube stars and trick-shot aficionados Dude Perfect will make a special appearance on the Arnold Palmer Practice Facility at 3:00 p.m. along with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and PGA TOUR Champions golfers.
- Celebrity Skins Shootout: Actor Mark Wahlberg, singer-songwriter Kid Rock, comedian Larry the Cable Guy and Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson will join Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Lee Trevino, Johnny Miller and other golf legends for the second-annual Celebrity Skins Shootout at Top of the Rock on Sunday, April 22 at 9:30 a.m.
- Golf’s greatest legends descend on the Ozarks including Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Lee Trevino, Johnny Miller and Tom Watson for the Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge. Other participants include Major Champions John Daly, Fred Couples, Bernhard Langer and Jose Maria Olazabal, and many other past PGA TOUR champions.
Ticket prices and promotions for 2018 Legends of Golf
Ticket prices and packages start as low as $20:
- Military & First Responders can receive FREE general daily passes courtesy of Big Cedar Lodge (valid military/first responder ID required).
- Daily Pass tickets are available for $25 ($20 when paid with a MasterCard) and grant access to Top of the Rock, Mountain Top and/or Buffalo Ridge on any one day from Tuesday, April 17 through Sunday, April 22.
- Gold Combo Packages are available for $125 ($100 when paid with a MasterCard) and offer exclusive access to see the legends play every day from April 17 through 22. In addition to offering access to tournament play on both courses, this premium pass also admits guests to Arnie’s Barn at Top of the Rock where participants can dine at the restaurant, visit the pro shop, and see the legends up close. Fans are encouraged to purchase Gold Combo packages now, as quantities are limited.
- FREE parking is available for all spectators.
Tickets on sale now Fans can purchase advance tickets by:
- Visiting BassProLegends.com
- Calling toll-free at 1-888-347-4426
- Visiting the Will Call center at College of the Ozarks Alumni Center in Point Lookout, Mo.
# # #
About Big Cedar® Lodge Located in the heart of Missouri’s Ozark Mountains, Big Cedar Lodge is America’s premier wilderness resort. A passion of Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris, the 4,600-acre lakeside retreat connects families to the outdoors with a variety of nature-based experiences including fishing, boating, hiking, spa and wellness offerings, hosting over 1.5 million guests annually. Signature attractions include Top of the Rock, home to world-class golf, dining, and entertainment; and Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, a 10,000-acre nonprofit wildlife preserve. Named “Number One Resort in the Midwest” by the readers of Travel + Leisure, the resort offers genuine Ozarks hospitality and a convenient location just south of Branson. Learn more at www.bigcedar.com.